Are you an experienced fermentation expert that wants to work with a sustainable alternative protein source? If so, keep reading.
Who are we?
We are a biotechnology company in the foodtech and alternative protein market. Our product is Promyc, a sustainably produced, vegan mycoprotein that we are producing and developing in our facilities in Gamlestaden, Gothenburg (HQ). We are facing a rapid expansion journey as we are currently planning and building our new production site in Falkenberg. Since our founding in 2017, we have grown from a lab scale to a pilot-production facility and to a team of around 50 people.
We are passionate about what we do and if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a supportive and engaged team and get excited by the prospect of finding solutions in tough situations, you will feel right at home with us.
What will you do?
In this position, you will be the leading expert responsible for the development of our fermentation technology across R&D, pilot-scale, and production.
Some of the detailed involvements and responsibilities of this role include:
- Coordinating the fermentation technical team across different projects and initiatives, including on-site direct involvement with technical aspects
- Participate in data analysis, evaluation, hypothesis building and design of experiments
- Participate in different project meetings with external stakeholders as a fermentation knowledge expert
- Coordinate with project managers and management team for the acquisition and allocation of resources (both HR and physical infrastructure/equipments)
Who are you?
To succeed in this role, we believe that you probably:
- Have considerable experience with aerobic fermentation processes in submerged bioreactors
- Have management experience and a leader personality
- Hold a MSc or PhD in bioprocessing, biotechnology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or related fields
- Have worked in an industrial or commercial-focused setting
As the role inherently calls for it, you are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Why should you want to join?
We naturally offer a lot of learning opportunities to grow in your field, as we are a company on an exciting scale-up journey. You will be a key element participating in a large effort together with a motivated team, through a journey of scaling up our process and improvements from lab- to pilot- to full production-scale.
In addition to having a great learning environment, we genuinely have fun together. As a company, we are a diverse set of people that lift each other up and our team spirit shines through in our daily work. We regularly arrange different team activities and events, such as group training sessions (everything from yoga to boxing), after works and, of course, food events that you can bring friends and family to.
As a way of fostering our collaborative work environment, the core of our work is conducted in our newly expanded and modern office in Gamlestaden, Gothenburg.
We are transforming the food industry and at the same time drive a sustainability revolution!
We are looking to find our next colleague as soon as possible and with that said, we are processing applications continuously.
Kindly submit your application in English, as this is the official language of the company.