Are you a driven and enthusiastic individual that wants to work with a sustainable alternative protein source? If so, keep reading.
Who are we?
We are a biotechnology company in the foodtech and alternative protein market. Our product is Promyc, a sustainably produced, vegan mycoprotein that we are producing and developing in our facilities in Gamlestaden, Gothenburg (HQ). We are facing a rapid expansion journey as we are currently planning and building our new production site in Falkenberg. Since our founding in 2017, we have grown from a lab scale to a pilot-production facility and to a team of around 45 people.
We are passionate about what we do and if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a supportive and engaged team and get excited by the prospect of finding solutions in tough situations, you will feel right at home with us.
What will you do?
As a member of the fermentation team at Mycorena, you will be working closely with our Scientists and Engineers in projects related to filamentous fungi fermentation and food technology. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Handling experimental work in lab- and pilot-scale bioreactors
- Processing, analyzing and drawing relevant conclusions from bioprocess data
- Work autonomously within a project team and potentially lead own projects
- Presenting and documenting data and results
- Writing technical reports and documentation
- Supporting activities in the fermentation scale-up and production processes
Who are you?
To succeed in this role, we believe that you probably have:
- MSc, PhD or relevant experience in biotechnology, microbiology, chemical engineering, biochemistry or similar fields
- Have experience from:
- Conducting independent fermentation-related R&D work in a lab environment
- Experience in liquid fermentation, bioprocessing and working with bioreactor processes
- Great ability to extract, process, analyze and understand fermentation data
- As the role inherently calls for it, you are fluent in the English language, both written and spoken.
We consider it highly meritorious if you have:
- Experience working with filamentous fungi
- Experience with data science methods (using R, Python, Matlab, or similar)
- Having worked in a business-driven or industrial environment
Why should you want to join?
We naturally offer a lot of learning opportunities to grow in your field, as we are a company on an exciting scale-up journey. Our attitude is that all suggestions and ideas are welcomed and if they are the solution to our challenge, we will implement them no matter who suggested it.
In addition to having a great learning environment, we genuinely have fun together. As a company, we are a diverse set of people that lift each other up and our team spirit shines through in our daily work. We regularly arrange different team activities and events, such as group training sessions (everything from yoga to boxing), after works and, of course, food events that you can bring friends and family to.
As a way of fostering our collaborative work environment, the core of our work is conducted in our newly expanded and modern office in Gamlestaden, Gothenburg.
We are transforming the food industry and at the same time drive a sustainability revolution!
We are looking to find our next colleague as soon as possible and with that said, we are processing applications continuously.
Kindly submit your application in English, as this is the official language of the company.