Are you a creative and commercially-oriented Product Developer or Food Applications Specialist that wants to work with a sustainable alternative protein source?
Who are we?
We are a biotechnology company that works in the foodtech and alternative protein market. Our product is Promyc, a sustainably produced, vegan mycoprotein that we are producing and developing in our facilities in Gamlestaden, Gothenburg. Since our founding in 2017, we have grown from a lab scale to a pilot-production facility and to a team of 35+ people.
We are passionate about what we do and if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a supportive and engaged team and get excited by the prospect of finding solutions in tough situations, you will feel right at home with us.
Who are you?
To succeed in this role, we believe that you probably:
• Have a university degree in food technology, food science or other related areas
• Have several years of experience in development of food products ready for retail launch
• Are comfortable interacting with customers and collaborators, both at a technical and business level
• Are fluent in the English language, both written and spoken
• We would also consider it meritorious if you have the ability to coach and lead a team, as we see a possibility for this role to evolve into a managerial position.
What will you do?
In this position, you will combine technical development skills while interfacing with customers on the commercial side. You will be expected to develop recipes and processes for application of our unique fungi ingredients into consumer food products, as well as working closely with customers to ensure their successful use of our ingredient in their final application and scaleup journey.
On the technical side, the role will involve development from kitchen-scale to industrial-scale, so experience in working different scales would be highly valued. On a commercial aspect, this role will accompany customers on their journey of applying our products for manufacturing, as well as gathering feedback, knowledge, and presenting this back to commercial and technical teams, so these can be incorporated in product development and feedback loops. Some other examples of what the role might involve are:
- Developing food products using our ingredients with industry-standard methods
- Scaling-up designed recipes to pilot and industrial process levels with customers and 3rd parties
- Work closely with business and technical teams to ensure development close to customer needs
- Meet, trial and workshop with customers for the development of products and applications
- Be the technical representative of the products in workshops, events, fairs, visits, etc.
We are processing applications continuously. Kindly submit your yours in English, as this is the official language of the company.